Public relations (PR) can be defined as the practice of managing communication between an organization and the outside world. Public relations firms can guide an organization to manage its image to its audiences through a variety of channels to gain optimal identification and exposure. A PR firm can typically be engaged to perform any or all of the following:
- Developing an overall marketing communications plan,
- Developing key company messaging and marketspace positioning,
- Training executives for speaking, presenting and crisis management,
- Drafting materials for sales collateral, press releases, outbound communications,
- Evaluation and selection of social media channels,
- Coordinating analyst briefings including scheduling and following up,
- Getting exposure to trade press through press tours, arranged visits, conferences,
- Launching company information to news sources including wire services, trades,
- Support for trade show participation,
- Providing speaking opportunities for company thought leaders,
- Planning and executing major company announcements, and
- Selection, development and promotion of user success stories.
Public relations is used to build rapport with employees, customers, investors, voters, and the general public. Almost every organization performs some level of public relations, but for the smaller company hiring a PR firm can be prohibitively expensive. My team and I can help you to determine which PR services will provide you with the greatest benefits and make sure that you gain maximum value from your investment.